300 N. Milwaukee Avenue


Libertyville, IL 60048
Date of Construction: 1893
Architectural Classification: Park
Survey Area: Downtown Libertyville

Building name
Central Park

Ground Floor Use
Park

Upper Floor Use
N/A

Current Occupant
Sunrise Rotary Park

Zoning


Number of Stories
N/A

Property Index Number


Within Local District?
No

Local Dist Contrib/Non-Contrib?
C

Local Landmark?
No

Year


Local Landmark Eligible?
No

Criteria


NR District Contrib/Non-Contrib
C

Within District?
No

NR Landmark?
No

Year


NR Eligible?
No

Criteria


Alternate Address?


Category
site

Condition
Good

Integrity


Current Use
Landscape - park

Historic Use
Landscape - park

Secondary Structure


NR Second


Architectural Classification
Park

Details


Other Year
1988, 2000 (c)

Date source
Illinois Digital Archives/plaque/surveyor

Wall Material (Current)


Wall Material 2 (Current)


Plan


No of Stories


Roof Type


Roof Material


Foundation


Porch


Window Material


Window Material 2


Window Type


Window Configuration


Significance


Historic Features
Overall area of park is the same as 1893

Alterations
Gazebo (1988); playground at east end (c. 2000)

Old Address (city dir.year


Building Moved?


Moved From


Original Owner


Original Architect


Architect Source


Builder


Surveyor
LR

Surveyor Organization
Ramsey Historic Consultants

Survey Date
May-June 2016

Survey Area
Downtown Libertyville

Old Address


Date of Construction


Moving Permit #


Date Moved


Building Permit #


Date


Building Permit Description


Cost


Original Owner Occupied?


Exterior Alteration Permits


Other Permit Information


COA Info


Historic Info
From Illinois Digital Archives (info from Libertyville-Mundelein Historical Society and Cook Memorial Public Library): "A view of Central Park looking east from Milwaukee Avenue. The Catholic church and rectory can be seen through the trees in the background. According to local historian Dean Larson, the cannon was later moved to Cook Park. During World War II it was melted down. Central Park was officially set aside as a park when C. Frank Wright's subdivision became an addition to the village of Libertyville in 1893. Wright's addition was primarily a residential neighborhood surrounding the park, bordered by Broadway Street on the north, Park Avenue on the south, Second Street on the east and Milwaukee Avenue on the west."

Other Sources
Historic photographs of park at Illinois Digital Archives (in collection of Libertyville-Mundelein Historical Society and Cook Memorial Public Library):

http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/cookmemo11/id/37

http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/cookmemo11/id/6270

Historic Info Compiler
LR

Volunteer