Ground Floor Use
Upper Floor Use
Trattoria Pomiglano (602), Oh Olive (606), Lindsey Design (608), Network Funding (610)
Number of Stories
Property Index Number
602 (1116300069), 608 (1116300148),
Within Local District?
Local Dist Contrib/Non-Contrib?
Local Landmark Eligible?
NR District Contrib/Non-Contrib
Two Part Commercial Block
Wall Material (Current)
Wall Material 2 (Current)
No of Stories
Window Material 2
Double hung & storefront
Fine Neo-Classical Two-Part Commercial Block from the turn of the 20th century. Storefronts were rehabilitated in the mid-1990s.
Red face brick facade; metal cornice; rusticated stone lintels above 2nd-story window openings; some cast iron pilasters at storefront level may also be original
Replacement 2nd-story windows in original openings; storefronts have been rehabilitated--historic configurations, new materials (1993-1994)
Old Address (city dir.year
Ramsey Historic Consultants
Date of Construction
Moving Permit #
Building Permit #
Building Permit Description
Original Owner Occupied?
Exterior Alteration Permits
93-600 (10/14/1993)--remodel 1st and 2nd floor of 602; store and parking lot 602, 604, 606; reroofing 602, 604, 606, remodel 2nd floor interior only 604, remodel 1st floor only 606; Appearance Review Commission Minutes (9/21/1994)--application for storefront rehab for 608-10 N. Milwaukee (to match 602-606)
Other Permit Information
From Illinois Digital Archives: "Weil's and Schwandt Realty Company were located in the Proctor Building at 602 and 606 North Milwaukee Avenue, respectively. Weil's sold women's wear: dresses, coats, suits, etc. but was not in business for very long. William G. Schwandt and Lester B. Fitzpatrick were the real estate brokers at Schwandt Realty Company. Their company handled sales, rentals, real estate management and insurance. They were members of the National Association of Real Estate
"The Sportsman came into being when Clavey's Hardware Store (at 612 North Milwaukee Avenue) decided to put all their sporting goods on sale in one spot in 1950. In 1951 the sports store was at 110 Lake Street. They moved to 608 North Milwaukee Avenue in 1952 and remained in business there until 1960. They sold guns and ammunition, fishing tackle, and sports equipment for archery, golf, tennis, hockey, baseball, football and basketball. They also sold Illinois and Wisconsin fishing and hunting licenses."
1950s photos of sections of building are on Illinois Digital Archives (provided by Libertyville-Mundelein Historical Society and Cook Memorial Public Library)--\
Sanborn Maps--1907 (Sheet 2), 1912 (Sheet 2), 1924 (Sheet 2), 1933 (Sheet 2), 1948 (Sheet 2)
Historic Info Compiler