Ground Floor Use
Upper Floor Use
Yo Froot Cafe`(620), Best Shoe Repair (622), Reliance of Hong Kong (622)
Number of Stories
Property Index Number
Within Local District?
Local Dist Contrib/Non-Contrib?
Local Landmark Eligible?
NR District Contrib/Non-Contrib
Major alterations and additions
Commerce/Trade; Domestic - single dwelling
Two Part Commercial Block (altered)
Wall Material (Current)
Wall Material 2 (Current)
No of Stories
Window Material 2
Double hung & storefront
Building was originally 2 separate structures--a 1.5-story 19th-century gable front building at 620, and a two-story building at 622 built in 1952.
In 1981, the existing 19th-century structure at 620 was demolished and replaced with 2.5-story building. Although not indicated in permit file, it is likely that the existing facade of 622 was also substantially altered at that time to match the Neo-Tudor design of the new building at 620. Exterior was again remodeled in 2012, which reflects the current design of the building--2012 non-historic elements include false gable/stucco with brick detailing; replacement windows on facade of both buildings in altered openings; new, reconfigured storefronts on first floor; balcony and new openings along north elevation
Old Address (city dir.year
Sutter & Associates (620 only)
Ramsey Historic Consultants
Date of Construction
Moving Permit #
Building Permit #
523 (622); 81-279 (620)
10/1/1952 (622); 11/10/1981 (620)
Building Permit Description
two-story brick and concrete block business (622); two-story mercantile building (620)
$15,000 (622); $120,000 (620)
Original Owner Occupied?
Exterior Alteration Permits
523 (10/1/1952)--2-story brick and concrete block business; 81-279 (11/10/1981)--erect two-story mercantile building with dwelling units at second floor ($120,000--620, attached to south side of existing building at 622); 97-574 (8/13/1997)--replace entry door (620-622 N. Milwaukee); JCR-11-0024 (2/29/2012)--renovate exterior facades (620-622)
Other Permit Information
Assessor's photo from the 1970s on Illinois Digital Archives (in collection of Libertyville-Mundelein Historical Society and the Cook Memorial Public Library--
Sanborn Maps--1897 (Sheet 1), 1907 (Sheet 2), 1912 (Sheet 2), 1924 (Sheet 2), 1933 (Sheet 2), 1948 (Sheet 2)
Historic Info Compiler