Date of Construction: 1925 (c)

Architectural Classification: One Part Commercial Block

Survey Area: Downtown Libertyville


  • 124 E. Church Street Libertyville IL 60048
    42.287035, -87.953029
  • Building Details

    Building name: Wilcox Press Building

    Ground Floor Use: Commercial

    Upper Floor Use: Commercial

    Current Occupant: Village Press

    Zoning: C-1

    Number of Stories: 1

    Property Index Number: 1116411017; 1116400032

  • Local

    Within Local District?: No

    Local Dist Contrib/Non-Contrib?: C

    Local Landmark?: No

    Year: No

    Local Landmark Eligible?: Yes

    Criteria: Yes

  • National Register

    NR District Contrib/Non-Contrib: C

    Within District?: No

    NR Landmark?: No

    Year: No

    NR Eligible?: No

    Criteria: No

    Alternate Address?: No

  • General Information

    Category: Building

    Condition: Good

    Integrity: Not altered

    Current Use: Commerce/Trade

    Historic Use: Commerce/Trade

    Secondary Structure: Commerce/Trade

    NR Second: Commerce/Trade

  • Architectural Description

    Architectural Classification: One Part Commercial Block

    Details: One Part Commercial Block

    Other Year: One Part Commercial Block

    Date source: Surveyor/Sanborn

    Wall Material (Current): Brick

    Wall Material 2 (Current): Brick

    Plan: Rectangular

    No of Stories: 1

    Roof Type: Flat

    Roof Material: Not Visible

    Foundation: Not visible

    Porch: Not visible

    Window Material: Metal

    Window Material 2: Metal

    Window Type: Metal

    Window Configuration: 1-light

    Significance: Well-preserved One-Part Commercial Block with historic storefront configuration and materials.

    Historic Features: Much of exterior of building obscured by ivy; historic storefront configuration with recessed center entry flanked by metal storefront bays

    Alterations: Much of exterior of building obscured by ivy; historic storefront configuration with recessed center entry flanked by metal storefront bays

  • Historic Information

    Old Address (city dir.year: Much of exterior of building obscured by ivy; historic storefront configuration with recessed center entry flanked by metal storefront bays

    Building Moved?: Much of exterior of building obscured by ivy; historic storefront configuration with recessed center entry flanked by metal storefront bays

    Moved From: Much of exterior of building obscured by ivy; historic storefront configuration with recessed center entry flanked by metal storefront bays

    Original Owner: Much of exterior of building obscured by ivy; historic storefront configuration with recessed center entry flanked by metal storefront bays

    Original Architect: Much of exterior of building obscured by ivy; historic storefront configuration with recessed center entry flanked by metal storefront bays

    Architect Source: Much of exterior of building obscured by ivy; historic storefront configuration with recessed center entry flanked by metal storefront bays

    Builder: Much of exterior of building obscured by ivy; historic storefront configuration with recessed center entry flanked by metal storefront bays

    Surveyor: LR

    Surveyor Organization: Ramsey Historic Consultants

    Survey Date: May-June 2016

    Survey Area: Downtown Libertyville

  • Permit/Historic Information

    Old Address: Downtown Libertyville

    Date of Construction: Downtown Libertyville

  • Permit Moving Information

    Moving Permit #: Downtown Libertyville

    Date Moved: Downtown Libertyville

  • Original Permit Information

    Building Permit #: Downtown Libertyville

    Date: Downtown Libertyville

    Building Permit Description: Downtown Libertyville

    Cost: Downtown Libertyville

    Original Owner Occupied?: Downtown Libertyville

    Exterior Alteration Permits: Downtown Libertyville

    Other Permit Information: Downtown Libertyville

    COA Info: Downtown Libertyville

    Historic Info: From Illinois Digital Archives: "Formerly Wilcox Press, the Village Press was purchased in 1945 by John and Elizabeth Pyle. It has remained in business for over 60 years."

    Other Sources: http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/singleitem/collection/cookmemo11/id/2083/rec/26

    Historic Info Compiler: LR

    Volunteer: LR

Print-Friendly PDF
© 2019 PlaceVision Inc | Help | Privacy